Monday, January 5, 2009

Potty Party!!!

I have a friend who LOVES potty training and does it in a day.  I was shocked and disbelieving.  Who loves potty training?  Certainly not me!  I decided that the next time I needed to potty train a child she would be my mentor and that I would do whatever she said.  The past year I have been asking questions and getting ready knowing that Samuel was getting close to that magical age but was still unconvinced that I could actually enjoy the process.  
Well...today I am a believer.  Thank you Kelly!!!!
Today we had a potty party with Samuel and by early this afternoon he was using the potty every time with no coaxing or reminding.  It is a miracle!  I still can't believe how easy it was.  I didn't think he was going to get it but he did and he was amazing.  We had the greatest time and now I too can say that I love potty training. Why didn't I know about this 5 kids ago???  Boy would it have made life much easier for my little ones and for me.  I am planning to have a few accidents here and there but I think we can officially say that Sam is potty trained.
Hooray!! Now we only have 1 in diapers...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm starting on Monday. Is he still doing well? I'm starting to get Lucas ready. Every time I say potty party, he starts dancing and screaming, "yay!".

Abe Fox said...

Congrats, Tiffany and Fam and especially to Samuel!!!

Faith is mostly there also......I just love picking her up and NOT feeling that extra padding of a diaper under her clothes. She is still so tiny to me. But, she loves saying to everyone that she is a "big girl"......... Now if we could just get that pacifier out of her mouth, I would be a complete believer.

Abe Fox said...

Also, love the blog Tiff.....I added a link to you guys from our blog.

Betsy Fox said...

Yea!! I love the blog. This really does make it so easy to keep up with each others' goings on.

Amy F. said...

I guess since John is way older, I should figure out what this "potty party" thing is all about. Glad to see you have a blog. I added yours to mine. I saw it on Katie's. You're right, you do have a beautiful family!