Thursday, May 21, 2009

The diagnosis

I went to the doctor to have my sprain checked out.  It seemed to be getting worse rather than better and with Stuart leaving next week I needed some answers.
I have a grade 2 sprain and a high ankle sprain.  Not good! Being fairly clueless when it comes to sports I was oblivious when the doctor started using sports examples-a high ankle sprain can put a player out of commission for the season...  
What does that mean for me?  Basically a grade 2 sprain means that the ligaments have been torn (but not completely) and a high ankle sprain involves the tendons as well.  I have a fashionable boot to wear for the next two weeks.  Very attractive!  It is supposed to give me more mobility so I don't have to use the crutches.  I did pretty well with it yesterday.  I have an appointment in 2 weeks and then most likely I will have to start some physical therapy.  The nurse said that I should plan to be in the boot for 4-6 weeks.  So, just when Stuart is coming home I may be getting back to normal.  I wonder what lesson I am supposed to learn from this experience...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that is horrible. Bad timing, huh? I hope you'll be asking for help when you need it. Where are the photos of the boot??
Love you!

McKenna said...

Yikers! Good luck without Dad. :D Emma should help out, and if she doesn't tell her she has me to answer to. lol
Miss you!

Betsy Fox said...

Tiffany,
YIKES-- you have had a time of it lately. I'm so sorry for you. Ankle sprains are AWFUL. I've never had a broken ankle, but I've heard that sprains are more painful and take longer to heal. Bummer. I'll try to call you soon.